care/of - Senior Engineer
September 2020 - Present
Zestful - Senior Engineer
August 2019 - August 2020
Touching every part of the codebase! Rails, StimulusJS, and a React Native app.
Brandfolder - Senior Front-end Engineer
November 2018 - August 2019
Enhancing Digital Asset Management (DAM) software. Adding features and tuning performance on a large Rails/React application.
Squarespace - Engineer
November 2017 - November 2018
Building the underlying templates and frameworks used to create them. Created and maintained a custom Node.js CLI for builds and deployments, as well as a vanilla JS framework for building pieces of templates.
Blue Apron - Engineer
March 2015 - November 2017
Worked on large-scale Rails application. Revamped registration flow and consumer-facing web experience. APIs for purchasing gifts. Led rewrite of large backbone application to React, built Redux boilerplate application and guidelines for front-end development.
Spiceworks - UI Application Developer
January 2013 - February 2015
Development of Spiceworks Community Rails application. Built a blogging system, rich text editor, homepage for curated content. Extensive front-end development in Backbone and jQuery.
- Frameworks Ruby on Rails, React, React Native, Redux, Backbone, Ember
- Other tools Webpack, Jest, Git, StimulusJS, jQuery, Postgres, elasticsearch, Redis
B.S. Computer Engineering
Texas A&M University
- Open Source — contributor to numerous projects, author of Rumba Ruby gem and other utilities
- Presentations — talks for local meet-up groups (Web MIDI, synthesis, Roomba hacking, to name a few)
- Collegiate Cyber Defense Competition — 2nd place in nationals (2011)
- President — Texas A&M ACM chapter
- Eagle Scout